| DYNAMIX is a fast two-channel Low Pass Gate, dynamics manager and mixer, the core of which is derived from our 0-COAST synthesizer. The LEVEL parameter provides simultaneous voltage control over the Amplitude and Frequency content of audio signals, operating as a VCF/A. The DYNMC parameter accepts audio signals or control voltages and converts them into a signal that may increase or decrease the LEVEL parameter thus allowing for Expansion, Compression and Ducking. The summing section is complete with an AUXiliary INput allowing for the chaining of multiple MIX units (modDemix, Optomix and RxMx modules) to create large, non-centralized mixes.
The DYNAMIX is functionally similar to the Optomix LPG: a fundamental element in the sound of West Coast Synthesis, however, rather than using the Vactrol component that gives the Optomix its characteristic “slow” sound, the DYNAMIX circuit utilizes transistors in a topology that has more in common with East Coast instruments. This combination of West Coast technique and East Coast circuitry is No-Coast synthesis at its best, allowing the Low Pass Gate to be used in tandem with an extremely important East-Coast synthesis circuit: the ADSR, a 4-stage Envelope generator we call CONTOUR.
- analog Low Pass Gate with fast response allows for AM synthesis and use with ADSR
- Input Signal Attenuator with soft overload at maximum settings
- DYNMC CV IN can act as audio side-chain input for compression, expansion and ducking
- LEDs indicate LEVEL activity
- Voltage controlled mixer with AUX IN allows for chaining of multiple units to create larger mixes
- Pairs well with CONTOUR, Optomix, modDemix
> tech specs
- Width : 10HP
- Depth : 24mm
- Power consumption : +12V : 55mA / -12V: 45mA