| Drezno consists of a flexible ADC (analog-to-digital converter) and DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that can be cross-patched, or used independently. It offers:
- digital manipulation of analog signals and voltages
- converting slowly changing voltages to 8 rhytmic gates
- converting combinations of up to 8 gate signals to complex waveforms
- quantization and bit mangling or crushing of signals
- a digital sample&hold function
The input is converted to digital representation and made available in the form of 8 binary (gate) signals. These signals can be freely mixed, scrambled, inverted, cross-patched, etc.
At the end, 8 binary signals are converted back to analog domain.
Both conversions may be performed synchronously with external clock patched to respective clock inputs, or asynchronously, at high speed of internal clock.
Drezno can handle signal changes as fast as 1MHz, so there is no aliasing with audio rate input.
Drezno may also act as an input/output device for an upcoming barebone digital signal processing subsystem.
> tech specs
- Width : 12HP
- Depth : 20mm
- Current Consumption : +12 : 50mA / -12V : 30mA