| SEM with MIDI to CV Converter and integrated Patchpanel. This version combines the features of the MIDI to CV version (see below) with a 21-jack patchpanel and is personally autographed by Tom Oberheim.
Tom Oberheim is back in the synth business and to start out he has reissued his very first analog synth-- the Synthesizer Expander Module (SEM). This new SEM module is pretty much the same as the original, that is to say 100% analog! True voltage controlled oscillators, the classic SEM multi-mode filter, analog VCA, analog envelope generators and LFO. Did he say it is 100% analog? In fact, he made the circuitry as close to the original as possible.
This initial release of the new SEM consists of three versions
> tech specs
Some of the features of the MIDI to CV Converter are:
• Select MIDI channel, controller number and bend range
• Select note assignment modes: latest, high note and low note priorities
• Select note re-trigger, filter track, LFO reset
• A second independent control bus allows velocity, controller data, or channel pressure to modulate either or both VCOs, the filter and the VCA
• Transpose function allows different keyboard controllers to utilize the complete MIDI note range
• Analog portamento
• Input preamp gain control - allows an external audio input to be processed thru the SEM
• High precision A-440 Hz tune signal
• Control voltages and gate are bought out to rear panel connectors so MIDI to CV function can be used with other CV/Gate gear.