| Designed primarily with the Roland TR-808 / TR-606 and the EDP Wasp / Gnat in mind, the PRO-KADI can, in fact, be used to trigger many drum machines and other devices, however it can be used for many other applications including MIDI to GPI and Servo motor control.
Cheaper than a retrofit and nearly as effective, it can be used with the TR-808, TR-606, CR78, CR8000, Wasp and many, many more.
Most drum machines do need a small modification to run with this interface.
Kenton can supply and/or fit sockets kits to interface your drum machine with the PRO-KADI. Kits are available for the TR-808, TR-606, CR-78 and CR-8000, Simmons SDS-5 and 7.
This multi-mode MIDI trigger unit is highly configurable and capable of driving up to 13 outputs (0 & 5V).
Hundreds of other control applications exist, such as lighting control and robotics
Can be used as a MIDI to GPI converter box, and to special order we can even supply a version which can control up to 13 servo motors - giving you MIDI to servo motor control (MIDI to pulse width). This is for the type of servo motors used in model control, which are controlled by a variable width pulse, usually centred around 1.5 mS (1500 uS). The motor position can be controlled by Note velocity or by MIDI continuous controllers (CCs). Please email us if you have any other specificic MIDI control project in mind.
> tech specs
* Wasp Mode To Control Wasp/Gnat Synths
* KADI Mode To Control Drum Machines With A Kenton Socket Kit
* (Accent Threshold Adjustable In KADI Mode)
* Trigger Mode: 13 TTL Outputs
* TTL Outputs May Be Latching (High When Key Pressed), Or Pulses
* Pulses May Be Positive Or Negative (Inverted)
* Pulse Width Adjustable Between 100us-10ms (100us Steps)
* Servo control version has adjustable pulses up to 2.5mS (1.5mS centre)
* Long 250ms Pulse Width Available For Control Of Relays
* Individual Note Numbers Assignable For Each TTL Output
* Note Or Program Change Control Of Triggers Possible
* Can be used to control servo motors (as used in radio controlled models)
* MIDI Thru
* Sync 24 and Arpeggio Clock Outputs
* Variable Clock Divide Rate And Polarity
* User Friendly Interface With 3 Digit LED Display
* Power Supply: 9V DC 100mA - centre positive
* Power supply included (we automatically supply the correct type for your country)
* Dimensions: 165mmx96mmx42mm
Supplied with a 2 metre KADI cable (15 pin high density D plug)